By this point in the game everyone was clamoring for more party and dance-oriented sets, as had been unfurled at a few underground parties.
My response to that was to release another abstract hiphop mix. And oh boy did I love this one.
I was releasing these as limited edition physical promotional products back then, and the art for this one was from a Liam Thurston painting I bought, and was one of the best visual representations I had ever seen for my mixes at that point.
CPI - Libations for the Gods
01. Mike Ladd - Libations
02. Mummy Fortuna's Theatre Company - The Evaporation Of Manmade Angels With Bodies Of Condensation
03. Sole - The Priziest Horse
04. Cannibal Ox ft Rob Swift - Cosmos
05. Atmosphere - Multiples
06. Non-Prophets - Mainstream 307
07. Quasimoto - Put A Curse On You
08. Antipop Consortium - Nude Paper
09. Project Blowed - Jurassick
10. Def Harmonic - Electron.People
11. El-P - Lazerfaces Warning (RJD2 Remix)
12. Blackalicious ft Saul Williams - Release Part 2
13. The Opus ft Slug - The River
14. DJ Vadim ft Sarah Jones - Your Revolution (DJ Nappa Remix)
15. Tes - Trigga Da Whistla
16. Company Flow - Info Kill
17. Aesop Rock - Abandon All Hope
18. Josh Martinez - Bermuda Shorts
19. Non-Prophets - The Cure
20. Listener - You're So Underground
21. Cannibal Ox - Rasberry Fields
22. Aesop Rock - The Greatest Pacman Victory
23. John Spencer Blues Explosion - Greyhound (Killah Priest Remix)
PS: Just like no one knew how to pronounce the title of "Lyrical Ontology" properly and always swapped the words with others more familiar, the same thing happened with "Libations For The Gods".