Saturday, June 20, 2009

MP3 blog 2009/06/20

blog 2009/06/20 - pssst hey, wake up! It's Caitlyn. We need to talk. There's so much to do!

Have you been missing me? Because in all honesty, I have been out frolicking in the tall grasses, sailing down the highways and sleeping in just enough to put a big stupid grin on my face for most of the day.
But all that is changing, and it is time to hunker down again.
I'm not saying I didn't miss you all, and I am content with my circumstances, and I will now be getting back to this blog thing on a more regular basis.


FIRST UP THOUGH: A new mix is out!
This time I around I wanted to combine some hiphoppy dubstep and grime tracks I've been loving since forever. Nothing much new here if you are all bleeding-edge on these genres, but it's dope tracks with super tight mixes and a wonderful thing to bump with the subwoofer cranked high.

CPI - Particle 0000 0010

01) Shadetek - Brooklyn Anthem (Ghislain Poirier Remix)
02) Soulja Boy - Crank That
03) 6blocc - Legalize It
04) Buraka Som Sistema - Kalemba (Reso's Aguardente Remix)
05) Medasyn ft Lady Sovereign - Shhh
06) Ghislain Poirier - Blazin ft Face-T (Starkey Remix)
07) Shop Boyz - Party Like A Rockstar (inst)
08) Chimpo - Kryptonite
09) Starkey - Bounce
10) Parson - Throw Some Ds
11) Loefah - Disko Rekah
12) Dubchild - Roll Dat Shit
13) Virus Syndicate - Ready To Learn
14) The Bug ft Flowdan - Jah War (Loefah Remix)
15) Virus Syndicate & Mark One - Slow Down
16) The Fix - Enemies (DZ Remix)
17) Kid Sister ft Kanye West - Pro Nails (Rusko Remix)

download it: http://thetastates.com/mp3s/CPI_-_Particle_0000_0010.mp3




And on to the rest of the blog:

We have three hot new LPs to talk about this time, so let's get right in to it.

Aceyalone's new LP "The Lonely Ones" is his tribute to Doo-Wop and it is fun as hell. Doo-Wop's bubblegum sensibilities play really well in the tracks, producing some of the most digestible tracks since Cut Chemist's What The Altitude.
A super fun party, although a bit short, party album. Aww hell, who cares if it is a bit short. Definitely pick this one up.

I wasn't feeling much of the new Agf/Delay album "Symptoms", but this one track really got to me. I love haunted spoken vocals over minimal creeper beats.
I originally got in to AGF from their far more experimental soundscape albums of yore. It is kind of like she and Ellen Allien traded production directions and have met in the middle.

"My Maudlin Career" is the 2009 album from Camera Obscura and will be joining Antony And The Johnsons at the top of the "best of 2009" lists, mark my words.
A near perfect dream-pop album that avoids following the career slumps of Belle & Sebastian, their philosophical and stylistic peers. Recommended for fans of The Concretes, Belle & Sebastian, and dreamy summer folk music.
If French Navy doesn't make you want to dress up like a sailor and make-out with your best friends, there is something horribly wrong with you.
Highly recommended.

Curren$y - Scared of Monsters: Fuck yes, this track is so hot. I love the heavy goofy bass, and I can't stop thinking of the 1996 track "Hit 'Em High (The Monstars' Anthem)" when the chorus comes in. And we all know that's a good thing.

First Aid Kit - Tiger Mountain Peasant Song (Fleet Foxes cover): I have been enjoying First Aid Kit and was super happy to find this Fleet Foxes cover to share.

John Barry
- Midnight Cowboy: I love this piece from the eponymous 1969 film. I first was exposed to it through the Faith No More cover, but the original is so much more heartbreaking.

Kenneth Bager - Fragment One (Style Of Eye Remix): A well programmed hot little bubble beat, and the adorable pop hook percolates from beneath. I love it.

Laura Marling - Ghosts: I haven't heard her 2008 full length "Alas, I Cannot Swim" yet, but this track is adorable, with it's chimes and guitar, and harmonies that remind me of 1970s Peter Paul & Mary.

Mr Miyagi - We Gonna Give You The Lesson: House can continue to astound after all these years. Witness the perfect slicing of chants, fidget bass, and salsa horns. Undeniably funky.

Ohbijou are from Canada, and you should know that we have been kicking butt for the last 15 years of indie music. "Beacons" is just another notch in the Soviet Canuckistan belt of awesomeness.
Be sure to catch this amazing band if you ever see them on a bill within a 4 hour drive. Highly recommended for anyone in to folk rock, rock folk, or beautiful music of any stripes.

Sebastien Tellier - Kilometer (A-Trak Dub): Somewhere along the line, A-trak went from being a wicka-wicka turntablist thuglet to being a half-decent producer. I'm not even typically a Sebastien Tellier fan, but A-Trak finds the pop groove admist the synth wizardry, and brings it to shine in the forefront. This is what Justice could sound like without the quadruple-distorted-kickdrum sidechaining. This track is confident in the fact that it is funky and sexy. Work it, girl!

Sigur Ros - Ti Ki: This track is a bit older, from the 2004 "Ba Ba Ti Ki Di Do" EP. I love the minimal blips and the delicate piano that comes in to play. I like that there are no vocals. I like that there are no guitar swells and over-wrought dramatics. I like!

Tristan Gar - Cancun Paradise (Antoine Clamaran Remix Edit): We close things off with some more chanting electro house. S-E-X-X-Y.



THIS WEEK'S TRACKS

Aceyalone - Lonely Ones ft Bionik
Aceyalone - On The 1
Aceyalone - What It Wuz ft Bionik
Agf / Delay - Most Beautiful
Camera Obscura - Forests And Sands
Camera Obscura - French Navy
Camera Obscura - My Maudlin Career
Curren$y - Scared of Monsters
First Aid Kit - Tiger Mountain Peasant Song (Fleet Foxes cover)
John Barry - Midnight Cowboy
Kenneth Bager - Fragment One (Style Of Eye Remix)
Laura Marling - Ghosts
Mr Miyagi - We Gonna Give You The Lesson
Ohbijou - Black Ice
Ohbijou - Cannon March
Ohbijou - We Lovers
Sebastien Tellier - Kilometer (A-Trak Dub)
Sigur Ros - Ti Ki
Tristan Gar - Cancun Paradise (Antoine Clamaran Remix Edit)


Can you feel the love tonight? Should I press harder? http://thetastates.com/mp3s/blog/blog20090620.zip


Other links:
DJ mixes: http://www.thetastates.com/
Blog archives: http://www.thetastates.com/mp3s/blog/
CPI fan page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/CPI/8176899482
Buy me books: http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/33BOJ22WFF9B4/002-6512382-1715204?&sort=priority
Get the CPI's MP3 BLOG DVD-R: http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=6004&uid=7886674923
CPI on Last.FM: http://www.last.fm/user/cpi23

Enjoy!
~CPI

No comments:

Post a Comment