Tuesday, April 29, 2014

MP3 blog 2014/04/29

blog 2014/04/29 - Float yourself away

Anchors up:  http://thetastates.com/mp3s/blog/blog20140429.zip


Aphex Twin - Lichen (Reworked by Wisp):  These Wisp remixes don't offer much new, but sometimes there is good to be had in simplifying things and getting everything smoothed out to a level that makes it that much more accessible for the DJs.

Deadbeat - Melbourne Round Midnight
Deadbeat - Where Has My Love Gone:  I was digging back to 2007's Journeyman's Annual and these dub tech tracks were highlights for me, but really the whole album is pretty darn great.

Drake ft James Fauntleroy - Girls Love Beyonce (YOGI Refix):  Great deep bass breakage.

Elbow - Charge
Elbow - Real Life (Angel)
Elbow - The Take Off And Landing Of Everything:  Everyone gots your Best Of 2014 lists ready to start drafting?  Holy hell, The Take Off And Landing Of Everything is a top contender already.  HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.  GET IT NOW.

Four Tet - As Serious As Your Life (Jay Dee Remix):  And the award for the goofiest of Four Tet remixes ever goes to…

Franz Ferdinand - Ulysses (Beyond The Wizard's Sleeve Re-animation):  Ahem, I meant to say, the award for the goofiest remix ever goes to…

Gold Panda - Mountain:  Singe from 2012, don't forget this was before trap was like totally over.

Slow Machete - Evening Dust Choir
Slow Machete - Santiago:  Evening Dust Choir is an album that evokes so much in me.  It would be a powerful statement if it was just an instrumental record, but my godthe smooth and smokey and soulful vocals give you shivers in all the right places.  HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Spider Bags - Keys to the City
Spider Bags - Shape I Was In:  Shake My Head has a numbers of touchstones.  Rancid circa 1991.  Psychobilly.  Barroom indie grunge.  OK so while I connect this to the 90s mostly, it totally sounds like a modern album, just wearing it's fabulous influences on its jacket vest.

The Mouthbreathers - Quicksand:  If I don't include something I can proudly describe as dorky in my updates, I feel a bit of shame.

Thief - Closer (Weird Together Remix):  A great pop song needs a great plod, and so let's plod onward!

Trésors - White Beast (Lonely Walk Remix):  Some times your pop remixes take a dark edge and you think fuck it, rock over london.



THIS WEEK'S TRACKS

Aphex Twin - Lichen (Reworked by Wisp)
Deadbeat - Melbourne Round Midnight
Deadbeat - Where Has My Love Gone
Drake ft James Fauntleroy - Girls Love Beyonce (YOGI Refix)
Elbow - Charge
Elbow - Real Life (Angel)
Elbow - The Take Off And Landing Of Everything
Four Tet - As Serious As Your Life (Jay Dee Remix)
Franz Ferdinand - Ulysses (Beyond The Wizard's Sleeve Re-animation)
Gold Panda - Mountain
Slow Machete - Evening Dust Choir
Slow Machete - Santiago
Spider Bags - Keys to the City
Spider Bags - Shape I Was In
The Mouthbreathers - Quicksand
Thief - Closer (Weird Together Remix)
Trésors - White Beast (Lonely Walk Remix)



Stay on top of everything new at http://djcpi.blogspot.com

More info:
DJ mixes
Blog archives
CPI fan page

Buy Me Books
(US version)
Friend me on Last.FM to see what I am listening to
Fan-made Spotify playlists

Enjoy!
~CPI

No comments:

Post a Comment