Tuesday, November 18, 2014

MP3 blog 2014/11/18

blog 2014/11/18 - we all have hopes but hey in the end we're gone

They are fun to revel in while we're here:  http://thetastates.com/mp3s/blog/blog20141118.zip


Big Tree - Raise the Flag:  A great synthesis of all the pop elements you know / love / demand.

Bryyn - Black Wolves:  Ahhh the precious smallness!

Caribou - Silver:  Our Love is out now.  HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Cloud Control - Dojo Rising:  From the 2013 album Dream Cave.  I kind of picture the singer doing this all while shrugging in to a mirror and it works oh so well.  Love it.

Ensemble Pearl - Island Epiphany:  This shit is my ambrosia, like a direct metaphysical wire from my ears to my nervous system and I am allllll about it.

Eric B & Rakim - In The Ghetto (Rhythm Scholar Urban Renewal Remix):  Had to dig out this classic remix.

Negativland - Right Might:  Hoooooly mooooly new negativland in 2014???? It's All In Your Head!!!

PKeys - Not To Play With:  Love this beat so much.

Populous - Brasilia ft Giorgio Tuma:  Sounds like some swampy Beachhouse meets Animal Collective jam and it's alll good.

RiFF RAFF - Dolce & Gabbana (Carnage VIP Edit):  I'll just pretend that we all know it's a joke, right?

Run The Jewels - Oh My Darling Don't Cry:  I should probably just say I'm kind of really fucking tired of some of Killer Mike's politics, but dayyam this track is indisputable.

Sizzla - Blessed (Deejay Theory remix):  Total party jamss.

Sleater-Kinney - Bury Our Friends:  HOLY FUCKING SHIT NEW SLEATER-KINNEY OMG OMG OMG ARE YOU PEOPLE LISTENING TO ME?  AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Stumbleine ft Violet Skies - Sleeping Through The Day (The Walton Hoax Remix):  Yes, sometimes we all must.

Taylor McFerrin - Decisions ft Emily King
Taylor McFerrin - Georgia:  OK I admit it, I had to go check and see if this guy was related to Bobby, and yup.  Damn hot lineage, these tracks are amazing.

The Knife - Without You My Life Would Be Boring (Shaken-Up Version):  Perfect tweak on this essential classic.



THIS WEEK'S TRACKS

Big Tree - Raise the Flag
Bryyn - Black Wolves
Caribou - Silver
Cloud Control - Dojo Rising
Ensemble Pearl - Island Epiphany
Eric B & Rakim - In The Ghetto (Rhythm Scholar Urban Renewal Remix)
Negativland - Right Might
PKeys - Not To Play With
Populous - Brasilia ft Giorgio Tuma
RiFF RAFF - Dolce & Gabbana (Carnage VIP Edit)
Run The Jewels - Oh My Darling Don't Cry
Sizzla - Blessed (Deejay Theory remix)
Sleater-Kinney - Bury Our Friends
Stumbleine ft Violet Skies - Sleeping Through The Day (The Walton Hoax Remix)
Taylor McFerrin - Decisions ft Emily King
Taylor McFerrin - Georgia
The Knife - Without You My Life Would Be Boring (Shaken-Up Version)



Stay on top of everything new at http://djcpi.blogspot.com

More info:
DJ mixes
Blog archives
CPI fan page

Buy Me Books
(US version)
Friend me on Last.FM to see what I am listening to
Fan-made Spotify playlists

Enjoy!
~CPI

No comments:

Post a Comment