Thursday, February 26, 2015

MP3 blog 2015/02/26

blog 2015/02/25 - that's it, we're done with this

fuck winter:  http://thetastates.com/mp3s/blog/blog20150226.zip


Adam F & Cory Enemy - When It Comes To You ft Margot (Rags Remix):  Sweet pop bass on that post-garage 3.0 tip.

Alvvays - Next of Kin:  This reminds me of a happy fusion of so many indie folk pop faves. A+

Ben Frost - Nolan (Regis Self Medicating Edit):  I am a huge fan of Frost's catalogue but his recent releases have left me sighing a bit.  I could not get in to Aurora, and on the remix front only this track really sparked me.

Chaka Khan x Tensnake - All Good (DJ Katch Blend):  CHAKA! CHAKA KHAN!

Danny Byrd - Bad Boy (Back Again):  I always make time for checking new Danny Byrd and oh this jump up track from 2013's 4th Dimension puts a huge smile on my face.

Eboi - As I'm Falling ft Little Jinder:  Good verses, but oh the rare joy of a slick chorus package.

Elderbrook - Rewinding:  This has a groove like a James Blake track, but with a bit of an edge off the sorrow.

Emika - Searching (Radio Edit)
Emika - Sing To Me:  2 smooth cuts from the 2013 album Searching, Emika's dark-tonged rnb really needs a second listen, especially now that FKA Twigs is blowing up.

Gold Panda - Enoshima
Gold Panda - My Father In Hong Kong 1961:  These are my highlights from the album Half Of Where You Live.  The first being a great plodding IDM track, the second evoking 20th century minimalism with great flair that I hope inspires other producers.

James Vincent McMorrow - You Know:  LIKE. BUTTAH.

Lowell - The Bells:  awww yus new cancon electropop!

Mina Tindle - I Command:  OK OK more great pop!

Night Panther - Desire:  Even the band name screams 80s!

Panda Bear - Untying The Knot:  This came on and I was like oh cool this is an awesome Panda Bear tribute but OK for reals Panda Bear has ditched a lot of the things that I feel were dragging down their enjoyment.  Check this B-side from the Noah EP.

Pharrell Williams - Happy (Kaytranada Edition):  We all know Pharrell needs to lay low and let the synth bass simmer a bit longer.

Sigur Rós - Sæglópur (Austin's Fault Edit):  I am kind of shocked there hasn't been much more of this since dayyam this is some sexy breaks.

The Twilight Sad - Nobody Wants To Be Here & Nobody Wants To Leave:  By all measures, Nobody Wants To Be Here & Nobody Wants To Leave is a GOOD album, but for whatever reason it just didn't grab me.  It didn't excite me like so many of the others.  AM I DEAD INSIDE?

Years & Years - Take Shelter (Stal Remix):  EPIC ELECTRO POP YESSS



THIS WEEK'S TRACKS

Adam F & Cory Enemy - When It Comes To You ft Margot (Rags Remix)
Alvvays - Next of Kin
Ben Frost - Nolan (Regis Self Medicating Edit)
Chaka Khan x Tensnake - All Good (DJ Katch Blend)
Danny Byrd - Bad Boy (Back Again)
Eboi - As I'm Falling ft Little Jinder
Elderbrook - Rewinding
Emika - Searching (Radio Edit)
Emika - Sing To Me
Gold Panda - Enoshima
Gold Panda - My Father In Hong Kong 1961
James Vincent McMorrow - You Know
Lowell - The Bells
Mina Tindle - I Command
Night Panther - Desire
Panda Bear - Untying The Knot
Pharrell Williams - Happy (Kaytranada Edition)
Sigur Ro´s - Sagloopur (Austin's Fault Edit)
The Twilight Sad - Nobody Wants To Be Here & Nobody Wants To Leave
Years & Years - Take Shelter (Stal Remix)



Stay on top of everything new at http://djcpi.blogspot.com

More info:
DJ mixes
Blog archives
CPI fan page

Buy Me Books
(US version)
Friend me on Last.FM to see what I am listening to
Fan-made Spotify playlists

Enjoy!
~CPI

2 comments:

  1. You're not the only one who was left cold by the new Twilight Sad - it just lacked something, sadly :-\

    ReplyDelete
  2. NIGHT PANTHER!!! --The name alone is so brilliant, it gives the music much to live up to.

    ReplyDelete