Tuesday, March 24, 2015

MP3 blog 2015/03/24

blog 2015/03/24 - this will make you fall asleep

mostly because you can't stay awake forever I am sorry:  http://thetastates.com/mp3s/blog/blog20150324.zip


Anna Of The North - Sway (The Chainsmokers Remix):  Oh god this hits all of the pleasure points at once.  I am rendered incapacitated.  Please don't tickle me in my moment of blissful paralysis.

Bleachers - You're Still A Mystery:  Like a throwback to 80s pop, from the album Strange Desire.

Blonde Redhead - No More Honey:  Perfect little subtle track from 2014's Barragán.

Cherokee - Don't Matter ft Darianna Everett:  The groove on this is just so addictive.  Those synth pads!  That funky bass guitar!  The vocals!

Dolor - Our Number:  Dark bass sex in the vein of FKA Twigs is always appreciated.

Dream Mclean - Network (Chase & Status Remix):  Every once in a while I indulge in a slice of well-balanced trap, and this hits so many of the right notes.

How To Dress Well - Precious Love (Cyril Hahn Remix)
How To Dress Well - Words I Don't Remember (The Range Remix):  My two favourites from the What Is This Heart? remix album.

Sam Smith - Stay With Me (Rainer + Grimm Remix):  Wasn't this guy nominated for some kind of award?  Ahh well, it's all about the remix here.

Spoon - Inside Out
Spoon - Knock Knock Knock
Spoon - Outlier
Spoon - They Want My Soul:  I saw a few glowing reviews about the new album They Want My Soul and so had my expectations up high.  And yes, it is a good album.  If you like Spoon, you'll probably love it.  And I do like Spoon!  But after listening a few times, I just didn't find a lot of NEW and EXCITE within it, and at the end I was left with a few songs I really digged and then moved on.

The Gnostic Trio - Gnostic Hymn
The Gnostic Trio - Into the Light:  Transmigration of the Magus is Zorn's eulogy for Lou Reed.  It's a lovely little album and has a quiet reverance.   It is not an essential Zorn piece for me though, as something about the textures and composition just doesn't make me want to spend more time around it.

Vince Staples - 65 Hunnid
Vince Staples - Blue Suede
Vince Staples - Hands Up:  Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Hell Can Wait is so damn good.  Beneath Run The Jewels, but def one of the highlights from 2014.  HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.



THIS WEEK'S TRACKS

Anna Of The North - Sway (The Chainsmokers Remix)
Bleachers - You're Still A Mystery
Blonde Redhead - No More Honey
Cherokee - Don't Matter ft Darianna Everett
Dolor - Our Number
Dream Mclean - Network (Chase & Status Remix)
How To Dress Well - Precious Love (Cyril Hahn Remix)
How To Dress Well - Words I Don't Remember (The Range Remix)
Sam Smith - Stay With Me (Rainer + Grimm Remix)
Spoon - Inside Out
Spoon - Knock Knock Knock
Spoon - Outlier
Spoon - They Want My Soul
The Gnostic Trio - Gnostic Hymn
The Gnostic Trio - Into the Light
Vince Staples - 65 Hunnid
Vince Staples - Blue Suede
Vince Staples - Hands Up



Stay on top of everything new at http://djcpi.blogspot.com

More info:
DJ mixes
Blog archives
CPI fan page

Buy Me Books
(US version)
Friend me on Last.FM to see what I am listening to
Fan-made Spotify playlists

Enjoy!
~CPI

No comments:

Post a Comment