Monday, May 3, 2010

MP3 blog 2010/05/03

blog 2010/05/03 - dedicated to the McDonald's on fire!

Yes Yes ya'll, this one's going out to the Mcdonald's foodcourt thingy that caught on fire this afternoon.
Thanks to you, I got to go walk by the water and talk to the ducks chilling out there.
big-ups to everyone who came to the Raw Sugar party on the weekend!  That was an excellent throwdown.


Bvdub - Lest You Forget
DJ Koze - Bodenweich:  It's nothing new, but the predictable Pop Ambient series is back for 2010!  Oh, and I bet you thought they would forget this year?  While certainly not essential, any of the entries in this series are a decent find if you can get them cheap, as there are always a handful of tracks that pass the sniff test.

Beach House - The Arrangement:  Standout track from the new EP "Zebra"!

Gil Scott-Heron - NewYork  Is Killing Me ft Nas (1200squad Remix Main):  Gil Scott-Heron's album was a fabulous melding of spoken word and funk, and Nas perfectly drops in for some verses here on this fabulous remix clap beat.

Gold Panda - Quitter's Raga:  This track is good.  I'm getting really sick of the nauseously pulsing psych/dub breakbeat stuff coming from the Flying Lotus/Gonjasufi camps.  Like seriously, give yr compressor chain a rest.  But I like this track.  And heavens it's not 6 minutes long.  From the 2009 album Quitter's Raga.

Hot - Policeman and Soldiers:  Brand new bouncey jungle flip on this classic ragga track.  Actually, I'm not sure if it's just a recent repress, but anyways, still a classic sound.

Jonsi - Sticks & Stones:  From the How To Train Your Dragon soundtrack!!!!  Huh, no shit! 

Maps & Atlases - Solid Ground:  A great little rock number from the new album Perch Patchwork.  I haven't heard the LP yet, but I will keep an eye out for it for sure.

Mochipet - Godzilla New Year:  From the mutant breakbeat terror of an album "Master P on Atari", Mochipet is back and delivers a slamming ensemble of wonky breakbeats, bass and a dash of cute savvy.   Bassnectar fans take note.

Mos Dub - Summertime Running:  Mos Dub is a new free online remix project if you 1) like Mos Def and 2) like dub.  The concept is pretty simple, but if you checked YES at both options, you have a great album to BBQ to all summer long.  Get it all at http://mosdub.com/

Noisettes - Sometimes:  From the 2009 album Wild Young Hearts, this is a super sexy pop number.

Radi Tabasco - Lila (Radio Edit):   I don't even know anymore.

The National - Runaway:  High Violet is the new LP for 2010 and mannnnnn...  I'm just not sad enough for it.  Like, if my life was gray and melancholy, I'd totaly just be blasting this all day long, eyes perpetually moist. 
Now, don't get me wrong:  The album is very good.  It just takes me a long time to get in to new material by The National.  It's hard for me to sink in to their world. 
If you are a National fan, get this ASAP.  YOU'LL FRICKING LOVE IT.    I need to listen to it 10 more times before I perdictably come back and gushingly apologize for ever doubting it.

Tosca - My First (Nicola Conte Version)
Tosca - Rosa (K&K Streichquartett Version):  Pony offers up remixes from last year's incredible No Hassle.  Like most remix albums, it's some killer with lots of filler, but dayyam, check out these sexy tracks here.  Can't go wrong with such stunning arrangements.

Two Door Cinema Club - Cigarettes In The Theatre
Two Door Cinema Club - Something Good Can Work
Two Door Cinema Club - Undercover Martyn:  The new album is called Tourist History, and it is quite good.  My only complaint is that I just can't maintain the energy throughout.  If you are an energetic rock fan, you'll love love love this album.  It channels much of the best trends in 2009's indie gush.  Fans of Vampire Weekend and Phoenix (which is like, what, most of the planet?) will be quite pleased.

White Hinterland - No Logic:  This is from the 2010 LP "Kairos", which I haven't heard, but after finding this single I am drooling over the prospect of a full hour of gloriousness like this.  This rubs my brain in that happy happy place.



THIS WEEK'S TRACKS

Beach House - The Arrangement
Bvdub - Lest You Forget
DJ Koze - Bodenweich
Gil Scott-Heron - NewYork  Is Killing Me ft Nas (1200squad Remix Main)
Gold Panda - Quitter's Raga
Hot - Policeman and Soldiers
Jonsi - Sticks & Stones (How To Train Your Dragon soundtrack)
Maps & Atlases - Solid Ground
Mochipet - Godzilla New Year
Mos Dub - Summertime Running
Noisettes - Sometimes
Radi Tabasco - Lila (Radio Edit)
The National - Runaway
Tosca - My First (Nicola Conte Version)
Tosca - Rosa (K&K Streichquartett Version)
Two Door Cinema Club - Cigarettes In The Theatre
Two Door Cinema Club - Something Good Can Work
Two Door Cinema Club - Undercover Martyn
White Hinterland - No Logic


I was kind of hoping the whole building would smell like french fries:  http://thetastates.com/mp3s/blog/blog20100503.zip


Stay on top of everything new at http://djcpi.blogspot.com

More info:
DJ mixes
Blog archives
CPI fan page
Buy me books
Friend me on Last.FM to see what I am listening to

Enjoy!
~CPI

No comments:

Post a Comment