Friday, May 27, 2011

MP3 blog 2011/05/27

blog 2011/05/27 - the tides are rising and it is glory as they crest

Big thanks to one Matthew S. who sent me a lovely book from my Wish List!
I got the amazing "Conceptual Art" book from the "Themes & Movements" series, which if you enjoy art is like getting a big bag of your favourite candy.



Alva Noto & Ryuichi Sakamoto - Pioneer IOO:  I have been drooling all over this duo since I got their first LP on transparent vinyl way back wehn.  The new Summvs does not quite live up to my high expectations though, which much of the lingering melodic interplay of past records lost.  Ah well.  I still love this gorgeous track as a return to form.

Amon Tobin - Goto 10
Amon Tobin - Journeyman:  The new album Isam is chock full of meaty textures and soundscapes and mutant downtempo trickery that will warp your mind just a little bit.  Amon Tobin seems gunning for more videogame soundtrack work as this album alone could easily have a game universe built around it.  It isn't all my cup of tea though, and I'm not just saying that in a crotchety "OMG NINJA TUNE CHANGED FROM 16 YEARS AGO" kind of way.

BOA - Push:  Total straight-up pop giddiness!

Cults - You Know What I Mean:  Cults tone down the macabre and get a touch more Camera Obscura on this one.

EMA - Milkman:  From "Past Life Martyred Saints", this one owes a heavy thankyou to both Fever Ray and 90s alt-rock.

Germany Germany - Just Go ft Steffaloo:  Epic electro-lite!  Complete with magical vocals, epic synth builds, and emotive guitar plucking!

Hazeem - Devil's Pie (Remix)
Hazeem - Light My Fire
Hazeem - Synthopia:  These just stumbled in my inbox from out of nowhere, and holy shit what a delight!    Modest grooving soul?  Mutant downtempo bass?  Modern breakbeat?  All of the above!  From the album Planetary Hours.

Herr Styler - Jack (Fare Soldi Jackette Remix):  boom boom boom

Hundreds - I Love My Harbour:  Simple and beautiful, it reminds of my favourite singles by Console.

Johan Agebjörn - Watch The World Go By (Young Galaxy Remix):  OK, does the intro melody remind anyone else of the Teddy Ruxpin themesong? ???  ANYONE?   Young Galaxy take a stab at this gorgeous song to lovely-yet-woozy results.

La Phaze - Punglist vs King Kong Five (La Phaze & Manu Chao):  JUNGLE!  Oh how I missed you.

Outakst - Bombs Over Baghdad (3 Stripes Dubstep Remix):  OK, this is kind of the perfect song to remix like this.  Hell yes.  Bombs indeed.

Painted Palms - All Of Us:  Epic Animal Collective-cum-Yellow Ostrich indie janglepop from the Canopy EP.

Pance Party - Rainbow Road:  Wonderful electro in the vein of Linus Loves and Mylo.

Polarsets - Sunshine Eyes (Channel Swimmer Mix):  Electro pop always needs more epic strings.

Scientist vs Guido - Korg Back Dub:  The massively awesome Scientist Launches Dubstep Into Outer Space has to be one of my favourite cohesive albums to ever come out of the dubstep realm.  The aesthetic has a cohesive rein on all of the sounds and it makes for such a smooth ride.  Highly recommended for beatheads.



THIS WEEK'S TRACKS

Alva Noto & Ryuichi Sakamoto - Pioneer IOO
Amon Tobin - Goto 10
Amon Tobin - Journeyman
BOA - Push
Cults - You Know What I Mean
EMA - Milkman
Germany Germany - Just Go ft Steffaloo
Hazeem - Devil's Pie (Remix)
Hazeem - Light My Fire
Hazeem - Synthopia
Herr Styler - Jack (Fare Soldi Jackette Remix)
Hundreds - I Love My Harbour
Johan Agebjörn - Watch The World Go By (Young Galaxy Remix)
La Phaze - Punglist vs King Kong Five (La Phaze & Manu Chao)
Outakst - Bombs Over Baghdad (3 Stripes Dubstep Remix)
Painted Palms - All Of Us
Pance Party - Rainbow Road
Polarsets - Sunshine Eyes (Channel Swimmer Mix)
Scientist vs Guido - Korg Back Dub


And we wash away the filth to finds all kinds of exciting filth below:  http://thetastates.com/mp3s/blog/blog20110527.zip


Stay on top of everything new at http://djcpi.blogspot.com

More info:

Enjoy!
~CPI

No comments:

Post a Comment