Friday, February 3, 2012

MP3 blog 2012/02/03

blog 2012/02/03 - in before I'm gone

Action Bronson & Statik Selektah - Keep Off The Grass:  Well-Done has some hot shit on it, but the beats aren't as good as Dr. Lecter, and Bronson drops some even douchier lines.  Watched an interview with him online and he says he has like 5 albums recorded, so I can guilt-free skip the down-notes on this one.

Active Child - Hanging On:  Modern RnB makes a big comeback in 2012!

Baba Yaga - Circe
Baba Yaga - Tell:  I love this mutant world we live in.

DJ Madd - When I First Met You:  Saw this filed under "dubstep".  Oh kids these days are so stupid.  And oh this track is so hot.

Fotoshop - Becoming Zen:  Woah, psychedelic libido wash.

Jhameel - Pursuit of Glory:  Surprising to have a tender acoustic song, and also shocking at how good it is.

Killer Mike - Ready Set Go:  This guy is a despicable human being, but the beat is hot.  Dude, shut up and just give me your instrumental.

Kouta - Sakura:  Lush and glorious, IDM taken from the Orinda EP.

Lykke Li - I Follow Rivers (Lost Session version)
Lykke Li - Jerome (Lost Session version):  Loving the lower-fi stripped-down versions from The Lost Sessions Vol 1.

M+A - Liko Lene Lisa
M+A - Yes.pop:  things.yes?  Grammar.no!

Mia Doi Todd - Norwegian Wood (The Beatles cover)
Mia Doi Todd - What If We Do (Nobody Remix):  How can you say no?

Rae Spoon - Crash Landing
Rae Spoon - When I Said There Was An End To Love I Was Lying:  I Can't Keep All Of Our Secrets is much more electropoppy than prior albums, but underneath the production we still have one of Canada's best songwriters at the heart of it.  Highly recommended.

Richard Bucker - Hindsight:  In my car I had the Buckner album cued up right after the Rae Spoon one and I barely noticed the transition between the two.  Both have fantastic voices and rich songwriting.    Buckner's Our Blood is more straightup folkrock, and comes recommended.

Sigur Rós - Saeglopur (ENiGMA Remix):  Iceland always needs more bass.  TRUE STORY.



THIS WEEK'S TRACKS

Action Bronson & Statik Selektah - Keep Off The Grass
Active Child - Hanging On
Baba Yaga - Circe
Baba Yaga - Tell
DJ Madd - When I First Met You
Fotoshop - Becoming Zen
Jhameel - Pursuit of Glory
Killer Mike - Ready Set Go
Kouta - Sakura
Lykke Li - I Follow Rivers (Lost Session version)
Lykke Li - Jerome (Lost Session version)
M+A - Liko Lene Lisa
M+A - Yes.pop
Mia Doi Todd - Norwegian Wood (The Beatles cover)
Mia Doi Todd - What If We Do (Nobody Remix)
Rae Spoon - Crash Landing
Rae Spoon - When I Said There Was An End To Love I Was Lying
Richard Bucker - Hindsight
Sigur Rós - Saeglopur (ENiGMA Remix)


I can't be bothered, but neither can you, so it all works out in the end:  http://thetastates.com/mp3s/blog/blog20120203.zip


Stay on top of everything new at http://djcpi.blogspot.com

More info:

Enjoy!
~CPI

No comments:

Post a Comment