Tuesday, November 5, 2013

MP3 blog 2013/11/05

blog 2013/11/05 - better still we turn it off to not burn out the night

HOLY SHIT YOU GUYS, ROB FORD…  http://thetastates.com/mp3s/blog/blog20131105.zip


B.T. Express - Everything Good To You (Jim Sharp Northern Touch Edit):  Always love these funk edits.

Calexico - Algiers:  My favourite track from last year's album Algiers, this is total spaghetti-Western soundtrack music.

Captain Murphy - Gloe:  Storming bass upfront take notice.

Danny Byrd - New Day ft Xavier:  Byrd gets some funky bounce all up in here.

Decades - Tonight Again:  Oh god I love the emotional devastation in his tearing voice.

Dfrnt - El Spirito:  The vocals sound like Kate Bush, and I'm not sure they are, but it still gets me wet.

Kenny Graham And His Satellites - Sunday:  We've had our spaghetti western, now let's get some film noir hardboiled detective scenes all up in this place.

Kool A.D. - Future Primitive Culinary School ft Chippy Nonstop
Kool A.D. - Jenny Holzer ft Chippy Nonstop
Kool A.D. - Question Jam Answer ft Busdriver & Beans:  Selections from the free "63" mixtape, I love the Chippy Nonstop bits in here, and word up to Holzer!

Maximilian Hecker - Help Me:  Oh I love the organ sustain sitting contently in the back just there.

Miley Cyrus vs Sinead O'Connor - Nothing Compares To Wrecking Ball:  While I am not sure I will ever listen to this again, I am so glad that it's out there.  Stop the slut-shaming and make nice!

O for Odetta - Traffic:  Smooth downtempo from the ol' Rubber Beats 2 copilation. Love the flutter above the strings.

Odesza - If There's Time
Odesza - My Friends Never Die
Odesza - Without You:  Stunning beats from the new releases My Friends Never Die. Highly recommended.

Pearl Jam - Infallible:  OK yes this almost here as a joke but ummmmm I kind of actually like this new song from Lightning Bolt.

Phosphorescent - Can I Sleep In Your Arms (Willie Nelson cover):  Oh yes! #hnnngg

Radiohead - The Daily Mail:  This is a little single that snuck out a few years back and I really love it so much.

Statskcartsa - April 21st (Greg Haines' Reprise Remix):  Leave you on a whisp of drone.  Nighty night!



THIS WEEK'S TRACKS

B.T. Express - Everything Good To You (Jim Sharp Northern Touch Edit)
Calexico - Algiers
Captain Murphy - Gloe
Danny Byrd - New Day ft Xavier
Decades - Tonight Again
Dfrnt - El Spirito
Kenny Graham And His Satellites - Sunday
Kool A.D. - Future Primitive Culinary School ft Chippy Nonstop
Kool A.D. - Jenny Holzer ft Chippy Nonstop
Kool A.D. - Question Jam Answer ft Busdriver & Beans
Maximilian Hecker - Help Me
Miley Cyrus vs Sinead O'Connor - Nothing Compares To Wrecking Ball
O for Odetta - Traffic
Odesza - If There's Time
Odesza - My Friends Never Die
Odesza - Without You
Pearl Jam - Infallible
Phosphorescent - Can I Sleep In Your Arms (Willie Nelson cover)
Radiohead - The Daily Mail
Statskcartsa - April 21st (Greg Haines' Reprise Remix)


Stay on top of everything new at http://djcpi.blogspot.com

More info:
DJ mixes
Blog archives
CPI fan page

Buy Me Books
(US version)
Friend me on Last.FM to see what I am listening to
Fan-made Spotify playlists

Enjoy!
~CPI

No comments:

Post a Comment