Tuesday, July 14, 2015

MP3 blog 2015/07/14

blog 2015/07/14 - it doesn't show because you're not looking

Always have some place to be safe in:  http://thetastates.com/mp3s/blog/blog20150714.zip



Best Girl Athlete - He's Calling:  Oh waltz with me across the floor!

Buffy Saint Marie - Working For The Government (A Tribe Called Red 2015 Mix):  HOOOOOOLY FUCKING SHIT THIS AMAAAAAAZINGGGGGG

Father John Misty - Bored In The USA:  How much smirk can a Garfunkel throwback brim with?

Hundreds - Ten Headed Beast (Radio Edit):  Blissful and perfectly stated.  everything about this is in perfect balance.

Joey Bada$$ - Born Day (AquariUS):  Dip back in to those oh so sweet organ grooves.

Joyce Moreno - Aldeia De Ogum (Psychemagik Remix):  I’m all bubbley for this one and those slight Stereolab undertones.

Kanye West - Only One (BLUEfiveone Remix):  OK OK OK this one is kind of sweet.

Katie Herzig - Free My Mind (RAC Remix):  I've had the original up here, but I think we all know now that I love a perfect RAC tweak.

Ought - Habit
Ought - Pleasant Heart
Ought - The Weather Song:  Wow, what an amazing surprise.  I missed this in 2014 and it fills a spot in my heart I didn't know was empty.  More Than Any Other Day is a staggeringly exciting album, full of so many sounds that make you forget that first time you heard Fugazi because fuck that, times changes, you grow up, and there is always new glory to be found.  HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Panda Coast - For Me:  I'm assuming this is that rare Panda Bear / Best Coast crossover?

Rubblebucket - Waiting Room (Fugazi cover):  Sacrilicious?

The Acid - Basic Instinct:  Great little unassuming electropop.

Willis Earl Beal - Too Dry To Cry:  Damn that's cold.



THIS WEEK'S TRACKS

Best Girl Athlete - He's Calling
Buffy Saint Marie - Working For The Government (A Tribe Called Red 2015 Mix)
Father John Misty - Bored In The USA
Hundreds - Ten Headed Beast (Radio Edit)
Joey Bada$$ - Born Day (AquariUS)
Joyce Moreno - Aldeia De Ogum (Psychemagik Remix)
Kanye West - Only One (BLUEfiveone Remix)
Katie Herzig - Free My Mind (RAC Remix)
Ought - Habit
Ought - Pleasant Heart
Ought - The Weather Song
Panda Coast - For Me
Rubblebucket - Waiting Room (Fugazi cover)
The Acid - Basic Instinct
Willis Earl Beal - Too Dry To Cry



Stay on top of everything new at http://djcpi.blogspot.com

More info:
DJ mixes
Blog archives
CPI fan page

Buy Me Books
(US version)
Friend me on Last.FM to see what I am listening to
Fan-made Spotify playlists

Enjoy!
~CPI

No comments:

Post a Comment