Monday, January 4, 2016

MP3 blog 2016/01/04

blog 2016/01/04 - gotta get goo great gone

And with a gurgle we are BACK:  http://thetastates.com/mp3s/blog/blog20160104.zip


Alex Clare - Up All Night (Nadastrom 98 Re-Fix):  Work that groove, let's get going.

B. Dolan - Jailbreak ft Buck 65 & Aesop Rock:  First of two Aesop guestings in this update.  First up, the highlight from the new album Kill The Wolf, and even Buck65 on this one?  Wuhhhhhhhhhhht

Champagne Drip - Champagne Drip Theme:  gimme dem HORN STABS

Dark Time Sunshine - Take My Hand ft Swamburger & Aesop Rock:  A suuuuper dope track from a few years back.  Aww yeah, go me, staying on top of things!

Empress Of - Kitty Kat
Empress Of - Make Up
Empress Of - Standard:  January and February are the months I scavenge the "best of" lists from other places and listen to incredible albums that I missed or didn't have time to hear last year.  This is one of them.  Glorious pop, super addictive.  For fans of Young Galaxy and La Roux.  HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - [new song] (live 2015-09-10):  A new song performed live?  Soooo pretty.

Nancy Pants - Apple
Nancy Pants - I Didn't Say:  This garage core is all up in my business and I like it.

Odesza - All We Need ft Shy Girls:  full on smooth breakya

Snowbride - Breathing Neon My Sweet:  Epic progressive electronics from the appropriately titled Fateful 808s.

The Weather Station - Life's Work
The Weather Station - Tapes
The Weather Station - Way It Is, Way It Could Be:  Add Loyalty to the list of other albums I didn't give enough time to in 2015.  This understated folk wonder takes time.  It needs to sit in your head, and you need to sit with it, like a Bill Callahan album.  RECOMMENDED.



THIS WEEK'S TRACKS

Alex Clare - Up All Night (Nadastrom 98 Re-Fix)
B. Dolan - Jailbreak ft Buck 65 & Aesop Rock
Champagne Drip - Champagne Drip Theme
Dark Time Sunshine - Take My Hand ft Swamburger & Aesop Rock
Empress Of - Kitty Kat
Empress Of - Make Up
Empress Of - Standard
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - [new song] (live 2015-09-10)
Nancy Pants - Apple
Nancy Pants - I Didn't Say
Odesza - All We Need ft Shy Girls
Snowbride - Breathing Neon My Sweet
The Weather Station - Life's Work
The Weather Station - Tapes
The Weather Station - Way It Is, Way It Could Be



Stay on top of everything new at http://djcpi.blogspot.com

More info:
DJ mixes
Blog archives
CPI fan page

Buy Me Books
(US version)
Friend me on Last.FM to see what I am listening to
Fan-made Spotify playlists

Enjoy!
~CPI

No comments:

Post a Comment