Thursday, January 21, 2016

MP3 blog 2016/01/21

blog 2016/1/21 - we can define the times we need alone

there is no pingback:  http://thetastates.com/mp3s/blog/blog20160121.zip


Alabama Shakes - Don't Wanna Fight :  I just wasn't feeling the new Sound & Color as much as their last album.  This one came off as more following familiar lines and didn't push anything new, but still a few great tracks, and everyone ELSE seems to like it, so hey there's that.

Beecher's Fault - Carroll :  From the new album Do As People Do, some massive indie pop.

Claire - Games (Henry Krinkle Remix) :  Oh I love me some electropop smootheness.

DMA's - Laced :  New single sounds just British enough.

Dotorado Pro - Love Marimbas :  Love marimbas, indeed.  Also love their deep groove.

Hundred Waters - Show Me Love (Big Wild Remix) :  OH GOD JUST TAKE ME NOW MY BODY IS READY OH YESSSSSSS

Novalima - Beto Kele (Nosotros Somos) :  Did I mention deep?

Sharon Van Etten - Just Like Blood
Sharon Van Etten - Pay My Debts :  I wasn't totally aswoon with the new I Don't Want to Let You Down EP, but these tracks got in to me.

SmCity - Cracks In The Pillars :  Amaaazing track from the 2014 Empire Fals

The Acorn - In Silence (Enantiomers) :  Vieux Loup is a slow builder of cold stunning beauty that has to just simmer inside yourself.

The Cxde - Blue Ocean Floor :  Hey it's ok, the boys need to catch up to FKA Twigs eventually too.

The Nebulas - Cosmos 954
The Nebulas - It's GO! Time :  Dipping back to 1993 for It's GO! Time… surf rock extraordinaire

Titus Andronicus - Come On, Siobhan
Titus Andronicus - Dimed Out
Titus Andronicus - Lonely Boy :  I loved their last album, but the new one, The Most Lamentable Tragedy, just kind of lost me halfway.  Or more specifically, I lost steam.  It's an epic musical, but I just couldn't slog through it, so I chopped out some of my favourite singles.  YMMV



THIS WEEK'S TRACKS

Alabama Shakes - Don't Wanna Fight
Beecher's Fault - Carroll
Claire - Games (Henry Krinkle Remix)
DMA's - Laced
Dotorado Pro - Love Marimbas
Hundred Waters - Show Me Love (Big Wild Remix)
Novalima - Beto Kele (Nosotros Somos)
Sharon Van Etten - Just Like Blood
Sharon Van Etten - Pay My Debts
SmCity - Cracks In The Pillars
The Acorn - In Silence (Enantiomers)
The Cxde - Blue Ocean Floor
The Nebulas - Cosmos 954
The Nebulas - It's GO! Time
Titus Andronicus - Come On, Siobhan
Titus Andronicus - Dimed Out
Titus Andronicus - Lonely Boy



Stay on top of everything new at http://djcpi.blogspot.com

More info:
DJ mixes
Blog archives
CPI fan page

Buy Me Books
(US version)
Friend me on Last.FM to see what I am listening to
Fan-made Spotify playlists

Enjoy!
~CPI

No comments:

Post a Comment