Wednesday, July 13, 2011

MP3 blog 2011/07/13

blog 2011/07/13 - the glory of the sweltering respite

Big K.R.I.T. - Country Shit (Remix)
Big K.R.I.T. - My Sub
Big K.R.I.T. - R4 Theme Song:  The Return of 4Eva is the best hiphop album of 2011 so far.  It's long and strong all the way through.  This guy has all the bases (basses?) covered and holy shit I never thought I'd see the day where a 85 minute hiphop album would keep me entranced the whole way through.  HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Broken Bells - Meyrin Fields:  The whole Meyrin Fields EP is a bit meh, but this song is great in a we-love-Yeasayer way.

Cults - Abducted
Cults - Oh My God:  OK OK, the band is super douchey, but the some of the songs are pretty good.   From the new self-titled album.

Free Agents Brass Band - We Made It Through That Water (Treme OST)
Rebirth Brass Band - Feel Like Funkin' It Up (Treme OST)
Soul Rebels Brass Band - Drinka Little Poison (4 U Die) (Treme OST):  Uhh yeah the Treme soundtrack is kind of awesome.  Kinda sorta amazing awesome.

Jhameel - Foundation
Jhameel - Love Me Twice:  The new EP is just titled "Dance".  Pretty straightforward.  Yup, great little dance pop songs with judicious autotune, but it's kind of perfect in its own way, like an even more poppy Passion Pit.  Get the EP!

Keren Ann - My Name Is Trouble (Walter Sobcek Remix):  Uhhhh the singing here kind of makes me wet myself in a way I haven't been since Marina And The Diamonds came along.

Maggie Eckford - For What It's Worth:  Fabulous pop from the 2010 album "For What It's Worth".

Marsen Jules - A Moment of Grace
Marsen Jules - Sleep My Brother, Sleep:  Like the Pop Ambient records, a new Marsen Jules record is like clockwork.  Pleasing pulses and washes of strings and reverb, as per usual.  Nostalgia doesn't really break any new ground, but if you're a Marsen Jules fan like me, you like ground nice and cozy and not going anywhere but sleeeeeeeeeeep.

Radian - Git Cut Noise:  From the 2009 album Chimeric, I love the texture and development of this piece.

SBTRKT - Wildfire:  Soulful steppy bass!

The Mountain Goats - High Hawk Season:  Oh I just love the acapella goodness here.

The National - Exile Vilify:  So apparently this is from the Portal 2 videogame?  What the hell!  That's rad.  Videogame companies, commission more fabulous music!

Young Galaxy - Firestruck:  I went back to their 2009 album Invisible Republic and it's fabulous.  But then the end comes with this song and it's all tears and wobbly knees goodness.



THIS WEEK'S TRACKS

Big K.R.I.T. - Country Shit (Remix)
Big K.R.I.T. - My Sub
Big K.R.I.T. - R4 Theme Song
Broken Bells - Meyrin Fields
Cults - Abducted
Cults - Oh My God
Free Agents Brass Band - We Made It Through That Water (Treme OST)
Jhameel - Foundation
Jhameel - Love Me Twice
Keren Ann - My Name Is Trouble (Walter Sobcek Remix)
Maggie Eckford - For What It's Worth
Marsen Jules - A Moment of Grace
Marsen Jules - Sleep My Brother, Sleep
Radian - Git Cut Noise
Rebirth Brass Band - Feel Like Funkin' It Up (Treme OST)
SBTRKT - Wildfire
Soul Rebels Brass Band - Drinka Little Poison (4 U Die) (Treme OST)
The Mountain Goats - High Hawk Season
The National - Exile Vilify
Young Galaxy - Firestruck


I have room just for a few more, bring your own pillow:  http://thetastates.com/mp3s/blog/blog20110713.zip



Stay on top of everything new at http://djcpi.blogspot.com

More info:

Enjoy!
~CPI

No comments:

Post a Comment