Thursday, July 25, 2013

MP3 blog 2013/07/25

blog 2013/07/25 - there is enough of this now

Bird - Stine Shine ft Little Brother & Notes To Self:  Big horn beat with browbeaten rhymes about personal responsiility?  OK!

CIRC
- The Night We Danced Without A Care:  Like if Four Tet took a lesson in writing pop music,

Dead Times - Feel:  This just in:  Annie Lennox is know a man and is once again making incredible pop music.

Disclosure - F for You:  Slinky dude vox often don't work, thus my aversion to much of Chromeo, but here I'm all like AWW YEAH GET THEM EVEN HIGHER IN THE MIX because it's pants off party time.

Ellen Allien - Lism (excerpt):  Allien is rightly apped for soundtrack work for the movie Lism and it's a wonderful full length meshed journey that is only 50% of what you'd expect and 50% of delightful surprise.  Recommended for Nyquil Drivers everywhere.

Jerusalem in My Heart - Yudaghdegh el-ra3ey wala al-ghanam:  If there is an escalator to infinite heaven, this is the sound that engulfs you forever.

Justin Bieber - As Long As You Love Me (Louis La Roche Remix):  Super bass pitched out goodness.

K Theory x Chrome Wolves - Stutter:  Robert Smith, is that you?  Oh swoon.

Loo & Placido - Back In Heaven:  Sweet lovin' deep house!

Nick Everett & Everybody - Hold On
Nick Everett & Everybody - I Try:  Oh this is the stunning kind of folk I just get all mushy for.  From the new album elsethings.

Pretty Lights - Color of My Soul:  A bit of that West Coast grindy midrange with a traditional downtempo groove.

Solo - Alki Bamba ft Deepshakerz:  More hotness on the deep tip.

Twin Shadow - Castles In The Snow
Twin Shadow - Five Seconds:  2 more fabulous Twin Shadow tracks.  I admit his stuff took a while to grow on me, but now I have no idea how I did without.

We/Or/Me - From the Top of this Thing:  Do I really have to explain how awesome this is?  At times channelling Giorno, this is a storytelling meditation.

Yellow Claw & Yung Felix - Dancefloor Champion:  Ra baba babababa BASS!



THIS WEEK'S TRACKS

Bird - Stine Shine ft Little Brother & Notes To Self
CIRC - The Night We Danced Without A Care
Dead Times - Feel
Disclosure - F for You
Ellen Allien - Lism (excerpt)
Jerusalem in My Heart - Yudaghdegh el-ra3ey wala al-ghanam
Justin Bieber - As Long As You Love Me (Louis La Roche Remix)
K Theory x Chrome Wolves - Stutter
Loo & Placido - Back In Heaven
Nick Everett & Everybody - Hold On
Nick Everett & Everybody - I Try
Pretty Lights - Color of My Soul
Solo - Alki Bamba ft Deepshakerz
Twin Shadow - Castles In The Snow
Twin Shadow - Five Seconds
We/Or/Me - From the Top of this Thing
Yellow Claw & Yung Felix - Dancefloor Champion

But never enough for always:  http://thetastates.com/mp3s/blog/blog20130725.zip


Stay on top of everything new at http://djcpi.blogspot.com

More info:
DJ mixes
Blog archives
CPI fan page

Buy Me Books
(US version)
Friend me on Last.FM to see what I am listening to
Fan-made Spotify playlists
 
 Enjoy!
~CPI

No comments:

Post a Comment