Wednesday, July 2, 2014

MP3 blog 2014/07/02

blog 2014/07/02 - fuck your pompous take on it

In the end my dreams tell me I'm the deluded one:  http://thetastates.com/mp3s/blog/blog20140702.zip


Beyonce - Pretty Hurts
Beyonce - xxxFlawless ft Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche:  I realize I forgot to mention anything off Beyonce's self-titled album outside of the brilliant Frank Ocean collab.  I’m not going to get in to those "Beyonce as false feminist" conversations, because for me I'm aces at stripping context from around things when I need to, and so here with are with two other great tracks.   At the very least, I think the storytelling brazenness of Pretty Hurts deserves some immense kudos.

Chrome Sparks - Marijuana
Chrome Sparks - Send The Pain On:  Swirled bass beats all over the place, from the Sparks Ep.

Estrellas de la Kumbia - Camino a Colombia (Uproot Andy RMX):  UPROOT ANDY TRACK DUMP OMG SO GOOD

Fania All Stars - Lamento de un Guajiro (Uproot Andy RMX):  UPROOT ANDY TRACK DUMP OMG SO GOOD

Galileo y Su Banda - El Forastero (Uproot Andy RMX):  UPROOT ANDY TRACK DUMP OMG SO GOOD

Galimatias & Joppe - One Step Back ft GoldLink:  Smooth and smart little track.

Grupo Socavon - Homenaje a Justino (Uproot Andy RMX):  UPROOT ANDY TRACK DUMP OMG SO GOOD

Jazz Liberatorz - Vacation ft J.Live:  Now this is my kind of summer morning jam.

Khaled - Raba Raba (Uproot Andy RMX):  UPROOT ANDY TRACK DUMP OMG SO GOOD

Les Rapaces - Bassoue (Uproot Andy RMX):  UPROOT ANDY TRACK DUMP OMG SO GOOD

The Dillinger Escape Plan - One of Us Is the Killer
The Dillinger Escape Plan - The Threat Posed by Nuclear Weapons:  Have they always paid so much homage to Mike Patton?  One of Us Is the Killer is a great little album when you want that dapper intensity.

Youth Lagoon - Attic Doctor
Youth Lagoon - Dropla
Youth Lagoon - Mute:  I feel about Wondrous Bughouse the same way I thought about their first album:  a few magical tracks on it, and I can't get in to the rest, despite the thunderous praise of everyone else.  YMMV.



THIS WEEK'S TRACKS

http://thetastates.com/mp3s/blog/blog20140702.zip
Beyonce - Pretty Hurts
Beyonce - xxxFlawless ft Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche
Chrome Sparks - Marijuana
Chrome Sparks - Send The Pain On
Estrellas de la Kumbia - Camino a Colombia (Uproot Andy RMX)
Fania All Stars - Lamento de un Guajiro (Uproot Andy RMX)
Galileo y Su Banda - El Forastero (Uproot Andy RMX)
Galimatias & Joppe - One Step Back ft GoldLink
Grupo Socavon - Homenaje a Justino (Uproot Andy RMX)
Jazz Liberatorz - Vacation ft J.Live
Khaled - Raba Raba (Uproot Andy RMX)
Les Rapaces - Bassoue (Uproot Andy RMX)
The Dillinger Escape Plan - One of Us Is the Killer
The Dillinger Escape Plan - The Threat Posed by Nuclear Weapons
Youth Lagoon - Attic Doctor
Youth Lagoon - Dropla
Youth Lagoon - Mute



Stay on top of everything new at http://djcpi.blogspot.com

More info:
DJ mixes
Blog archives
CPI fan page

Buy Me Books
(US version)
Friend me on Last.FM to see what I am listening to
Fan-made Spotify playlists

Enjoy!
~CPI

No comments:

Post a Comment