Wednesday, March 11, 2015

MP3 blog 2015/03/11

blog 2015/03/11 - the thaw reveals our shame

smile at the big reveal:  http://thetastates.com/mp3s/blog/blog20150311.zip


Aphex Waits - sampler:  Much more pleasing to me than the Aesop Waits crossover, this little dabbling mix works pretty great for me.

Born I Music - I Can't Breathe ft MacGuyver:  3 tracks in this update all entitled I Can't Breathe.  Motherfucking trigger warnings…

City Of Glass - Geographers:  I've loved pretty much everything I've heard from City Of Glass.  Just enough bombast in this pop.

Damien Rice - Long Long Way
Damien Rice - My Favourite Faded Fantasy
Damien Rice - Trusty And True:  NOT GOING TO LIE, there are some many parts on My Favourite Faded Fantasy that I totally recognize as very much inspired by my favourite parts of 'O', but FUCK IT I DON'T CARE, this is what I want to cuddle with.

His Name is Alive - African Violet Casts A Spell:  Thumbs up for the splish splash production alone.  From the new album Tecuciztecatl.

Holy Ghost! - Bridge & Tunnel (a/just/ed Remix):  Unnnf just some great deep house grooves.

Lemongrass - Deep River (Ficture Remix):  Moody all over this one, and I just soak it up.

Ms. Lauryn Hill - Black Rage (sketch):  Oh god this is staggering.  And it is a total coincidence I have this in the same release as the 3 I Can't Breathe tracks, but OK it fits.

Pleq - Do You Remember Your Dreams:  Can I get nostalgic for 2009 dreamy IDM yet?

Pussy Riot - I Can't Breathe:  Ripped from their intensely claustrophobic music video, everything about this is staggering.

Sales - Chinese New Year:  ahhhh a perfectly sweet reprieve between renditions of I Can't Breathe…

We Are Temporary - I Can't Breathe (In Memory of Eric Garner):  Last one, still devastating.



THIS WEEK'S TRACKS

Aphex Waits - sampler
Born I Music - I Can't Breathe ft MacGuyver
City Of Glass - Geographers
Damien Rice - Long Long Way
Damien Rice - My Favourite Faded Fantasy
Damien Rice - Trusty And True
His Name is Alive - African Violet Casts A Spell
Holy Ghost! - Bridge & Tunnel (a/just/ed Remix)
Lemongrass - Deep River (Ficture Remix)
Ms. Lauryn Hill - Black Rage (sketch)
Pleq - Do You Remember Your Dreams
Pussy Riot - I Can't Breathe
Sales - Chinese New Year
We Are Temporary - I Can't Breathe (In Memory of Eric Garner)



Stay on top of everything new at http://djcpi.blogspot.com

More info:
DJ mixes
Blog archives
CPI fan page

Buy Me Books
(US version)
Friend me on Last.FM to see what I am listening to
Fan-made Spotify playlists

Enjoy!
~CPI

No comments:

Post a Comment