Monday, December 12, 2016

CPI'S BEST OF 2016

In 2016 I listened to a lot less music than prior years.  Well, check that, I actually listened to less NEW 2016 music.  I probably listened to only a slightly bit less in total, as my priorities tended to shift towards family, pinball, work, etc.


With that concession, I want to say these are my favourite albums that I heard in 2016.  Go check these out and buy them.


CPI'S TOP ALBUMS FROM 2016





TRACKS INCLUDED:
A Tribe Called Red - Indian City ft Northern Voice
A Tribe Called Red - R.E.D. ft Yasiin Bey, Narcy & Black Bear
Anohni - Drone Bomb Me
Anohni - Hopelessness
beaunoise - Leaving
beaunoise - Novem.major
Beyoncé - Formation
Beyoncé- Hold Up
Califone - Easter82
Califone - Tripped on your Cape
Daniel Schmidt - And the Darkest Hour is Just Before Dawn
Daniel Schmidt - In My Arms, Many Flowers
Frightened Rabbit - An Otherwise Disappointing Life
Frightened Rabbit - I Wish I Was Sober
Mykki Blanco - Highschool Never Ends ft Woodkid
Mykki Blanco - My Nene
Radiohead - Burn The Witch
Radiohead - Identikit
Rae Spoon - I Hear Them Calling
Rae Spoon - Wrestles With Death
White Lung - Below
White Lung - Kiss Me When I Bleed


DOWNLOAD CPI'S BEST OF 2016 (tracks from best albums AND the singles included)




SINGLES:


I focus on albums that are good as a whole experience, from start to finish.  My focus in the past few years has been finding satisfying albums that demand your attention as a whole experience.
But there is still lots of good stuff that I heard that I want to point to, so here is a list of "singles".  Tracks from 2016 that exist standalone, or maybe the album as a whole didn't make my top selections.
But if you like any of the tracks here, do go check out those albums.


TRACKS INCLUDED:
Aesop Rock - Rings
Andy Stott - New Romantic
Basia Bulat - In The Name Of
Beth Orton - Snow
Black Mountain - Mothers Of The Sun
Braids - Joni
Chance The Rapper - Angels
Christian Löffler - Lost
Ian William Craig - Lost on Tim, Part 2
Kaytranada - Lite Spots
Kings Quest - Tourniquet
Sam Shalabi & Stefan Christoff - 2016-05-17 live at 2 Monk Street, Ottawa (2016)
Scott Walker - Opening (The Childhood of a Leader OST)
Son Lux - You Don't Own Me ft Hanna Benn
Young Thug - Harambe

No comments:

Post a Comment