Sunday, May 31, 2009

CPI - No Ones Around, There's No Need To Fake It

Most of my mixes, especially back in the first 6 years, were a scrapbook for me. They were there to remind me of certain emotions and states of being.
They were mnemonic devices to guide me on certain paths, for history and for ritual.

This was my favourite period of DJing. I almost got zero gigs because I was waaaay too abstract and outsider, and liked it that way.

This mix was the shining crown jewel of that period. After this my mystique became eroded as I became "Ottawa Famous". (tongue/cheek/check)
I was so proud of how the first half is all 60 bpm. I beat per second. Come follow me on a journey...


CPI - No Ones Around, There's No Need To Fake It

01. Bjork - Possibly Maybe (LFO Remix)
02. Max & Harvey - Big Amoeba Sound
03. Tori Amos - Hey Jupiter (Dakota Version)
04. Soma - Risen from Agartha (Francois Tetaz Mix)
05. Soma - The Collector
06. Cat Power - Metal Heart
07. Susumu Yokota - Hisen
08. Massive Attack - Exchange + (Exchange)
09. Herbaliser - Mrs. Chombee Takes The Plunge (DJ Food Rebake)
10. Cinematic Orchestra - Burnout
11. Portishead - Only You
12. Portishead - Glory Box
13. Break Reform - Fractures
14. Tori Amos - Winter
15. Fourtet - Unspoken (promo version)
16. Elixir - Return To Happiness
17. Aim - The Girl Who Fell Through The Ice
18. Mogwai - Tracy (Kid Loco Remix)
19. Pelding - Untitled
20. Talvin Singh - Traveller (Kid Loco's Mix)
21. DJ Shadow - Building Steam With A Grain Of Salt
22. Sketchie - Dancers In Creed



PS: For those that asked, the title is from a Dressy Bessy song, of all absurd places.

No comments:

Post a Comment