Friday, March 23, 2012

MP3 blog 2012/03/23

blog 2012/03/23 - oh my sickness, it spills forth


Alaska in Winter - Demons:  Epic strings abound in this single from the new album Suicide Prevention Hotline.

Alex Winston - Everlasting Light (The Black Keys cover):  It's not quite Sister Wife, but her squeaking voice does a great job on this soon-to-be-karaoke-classic.

Alina Simone - Glitterati:  When you need to wash that Florence and her machine taste from your mouth.  From the new album Make Your Own Danger.

Fat Trel - Rolling:  BASS AND SNAPS 4EVAH!

Gemini Club - By Surprise:  Great little pop ditty from the new album By Surprise.

Gemma Hayes - Cloudbusting (live) (Kate Bush cover):  OMG YAY YAY YAY

Good Feeling Levels - Pretty Lights (Antiheros Remix):  Hey, remember when AIM dropped that lick way-back-when?  Yeah me too, but oh so nice to have it back in my life again.

Jacques Greene - These Days:  This cat is one of my favourite producers right now, riding a line Sepalcure and Andy Stott.  From the release Concealer.

James Blake - A Case Of You (Joni Mitchell cover):  I've been having a long-standing shrug against Blake, but oh this brings back the love.

James Drake - Find Your Limit:  The James Drake mashup album produced less WOWZAS than I was hoping for, but this minimal rework hits the spot.

Jean Grae - I Rock On
Jean Grae - Uh Oh ft Talib Kweli:  Cookies Or Comas has to be the best title for a hiphop album ever.  ha.

Kyoka - HADue:  Off the appropriately titled iSH single, I love me some mutant technoes.

Lissi Dancefloor Disaster - Oh My God:  Is anyone else reminded of 99 Red Balloons, or is it just me?  If not, you're missing out not being inside my head.

Listening Mirror - Wet Roads:  Lovely vocal drone from the new album Resting In Aspic, which of course will delight all ambient fans out there.

Machinedrum & Azealia Banks - Needsumluv:  It's hard to think that Machine Drum is only getting the respect he deserves now!  But here he goes big with young'un Banks and drops some hot shit.

Massive Attack - Hymn of the Big Wheel (Egyptrixx Remix):  If this puts sentimental shivers up your spine, chances are you are 30 years old or older.  I curtsy to you, fine elder traveller of the musics worlds!

Shlohmo - Places
Shlohmo - Same Time:  HEY REMEMBER WHEN I SAID I TOTALLY HAVE A CRUSH ON SHLOMO?  Yeah, I'm still digging all their stuff, and these 2 are from the Bad Vibes album.  So so so good.




THIS WEEKS TRACKS

Alaska in Winter - Demons
Alex Winston - Everlasting Light (The Black Keys cover)
Alina Simone - Glitterati
Fat Trel - Rolling
Gemini Club - By Surprise
Gemma Hayes - Cloudbusting (live) (Kate Bush cover)
Good Feeling Levels - Pretty Lights (Antiheros Remix)
Jacques Greene - These Days
James Blake - A Case Of You (Joni Mitchell cover)
James Drake - Find Your Limit
Jean Grae - I Rock On
Jean Grae - Uh Oh ft Talib Kweli
Kyoka - HADue
Lissi Dancefloor Disaster - Oh My God
Listening Mirror - Wet Roads
Machinedrum & Azealia Banks - Needsumluv
Massive Attack - Hymn of the Big Wheel (Egyptrixx Remix)
Shlohmo - Places
Shlohmo - Same Time


This is the secret language that all will speak when entering the portal:  http://thetastates.com/mp3s/blog/blog20120323.zip


Stay on top of everything new at http://djcpi.blogspot.com


More info:
Enjoy!
~CPI

No comments:

Post a Comment